Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter's On Its Way

I finally feel like I can say that with some confidence! Warm weather is here and Easter is just around the corner, so we've done a little holiday decorating to get ready for the bunny. I always loved Easter as a child, and not because of the bunny--my parents broke the news to me at age 6 that there was not actually a friendly, oversized rabbit who delivered treats to children. I'm glad they didn't fess up about Santa, but kind of wished they had told me before 4th grade that he wasn't real. I think I was the last to know, and I only found out because my dad accidentally left a signed receipt in a gift box. Anyways, here's what we've got going on around the house.


This Pottery Barn wreath adorns the door that you enter in from the driveway (don't fret, we will replace that door some day).


And this is the table in our foyer. What's Easter without a few ceramic bunnies and fresh flowers?


And I have to zoom in on this precious wedding gift we received while mentioning the entry table--so special (Aly Bolin, show Tiny!)!


And this is a sweet little bunny that my mom gave me a few years back. This year he is a door stop, but some years he sits on the kitchen table.


And sometimes there is a sweet wooden bowl with eggs and moss as our centerpiece.


But this year, I created an Easter tree for our centerpiece. We had an Easter tree each year when I was growing up with tiny wooden ornaments of carrots, chicks, and bunnies. I couldn't find any ornaments this year, so I made these egg ornaments with eggs that I already had and a little hot glue and raffia. I bought the moss, some foam, and the flower pot at Wal-Mart for about $5. The "tree" was free, of course! And I already had white spray paint from another project. A very inexpensive centerpiece!


These salt and pepper shakers are from the Pottery Barn outlet.


I bought these placemats this past weekend at Crate and Barrel with some leftover wedding credit--our table was bare for quite some time before now! And the napkins are, surprise, from Pottery Barn (again, wedding credit!).


So that is all of our Easter decor. We are actually going to be in Houston for the holiday visiting my parents--the "bunny" still comes to visit, despite my unbelief of 18 years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment