Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fun Finds As Of Late

Seems like lately I have been finding lots of great accessories for our house. Before we bought our house and got married, I really couldn't afford to be building up an accessory stockpile. My roommates and I were on a hotdog and mac + cheese budget for the most part, if you know what I mean (which, admittedly, I still eat sometimes because it's just so darn good)! So as of late I've slowly started to fill our home with things we love and move towards making each space have its own personal touch. Here are a few things that I've picked up lately...


This basketweave rug for the front door. It's great because it hides dirt, especially from puppy paws.


(Tuesday Morning: $14.99)


This hyacinth basket, which will hold pieces of wood by our fireplace once the chilly season rolls back around. (TJ Maxx: $19.99 --very similar to the Beachcomber extra large round basket at Pottery Barn for a cool $129)

 

This sweet tray with caning and chicken wire. I've been using it on the luggage rack at the foot of our twin beds.


(Tuesday Morning: $19.99)


This Robert Abbey lamp, with floral detail. Robert Abbey (well known lamp designer) has a warehouse in Hickory and several weeks ago they had a huge lamp sale. This girl (me!) actually got to go to the sale a day early for the "Friends and Family" day because my boss was invited and sent me in her place. The sale is AMAZING. There are people loading up entire pallets of lamps for extremely low prices. This lamp was $5 and retails at $200+!

(Robert Abbey: $5)


Close up detail of the floral wraparound (note: the color on the lamp is solid black--not sure why it looks like there are specks here--does not look that way at all in person!)


These lamps come in all different colors and my ultimate plan is to spraypaint mine, as I don't love the black. I think white would look so sweet in a little girl's room!


I also love this blue-gray--we'll see what color it ends up!

 

This plate with the fun design. I think it's intended to be a salad plate but I use mine as a plate to hold various items on my bedside table.

(Target: $2.99 I think!)


This wicker wastebasket for our gray guest bedroom--another precious purchase :) I love the scalloped look at the top.

(Tuesday Morning: $17.99)


These capiz frames that are on either side of our bed. I love that they tie in to one another with their capiz-i-ness, but have very different designs.

(TJ Maxx: $6ish each)


Another find from the Robert Abbey lamp sale. This lamp will be for our desk once we get it set up in the gray guest bedroom. It retails for $190+, but I got it at the sale for $15.

(Robert Abbey: $15)


I'm a fan of its industrial look--and you can adjust the bulb up or down with these little knobs. It's a nice masculine lamp compared to the uber-feminine floral lamp that we got at the sale.


This hyacinth wastebasket for our master bedroom (I'm kind of into hyacinth + wastebaskets right now, if you can't tell...the place where you put your trash is so much better when it's attractive!)

(Pier 1: $19.99)


And this tiny hyacinth basket (told you I was into it right now), which holds my makeup on top of our vanity.

(Pier 1: $2.99ish)


This antique clock and oval frame (frame to be painted and flowers removed!).

(Gas station/antiques near our house in Blowing Rock: $5 total)


And lastly, this sweet pottery bowl with a wavy edge that we picked up a few weekends ago at an art festival in Hickory.


(Outlaw Pottery: $10)


So that about wraps up my accessory hunting as of late. I may be new to the hunt, but I can already tell it's going to take many years (my whole life?) to finish out all of our spaces. I like that.


And this pretty much sums up how Louise feels about most everything, and especially my accessory photoshoot. Happy Thursday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment