Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Finished Room!

In accordance with my New Year's resolution, I've got another post. There is one room in our house that is now completely finished (until we decide we want to do more in there). It's the room that was posted a few months ago that we painted. Since painting, we've gotten bedding, curtains, more artwork, and have moved the vanity from our master into the room. Originally, we were going to use this room as a guest room/office. Instead, we're using the other spare bedroom for that...which we have done absolutely nothing to so far. Projects projects projects. Pics below!


The curtains are burlap. I bought these, but since then have looked at some websites and I think they would be very easy (and cheap!) to make, no sewing machine required!


Bedding!


This is a picture taken from the doorway...I know it's hard to get a feel for a room's layout via pictures, but hopefully this helps.


This is a fun wedding gift that we received--perfect for this room!


And just for fun, Smyth and Louise say "hi"!

2 comments:

  1. Kak!
    Love this room....and your posts! I'm keeping up with the Mull Makeover! Hugs to you and Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cousin Katherine - Congrats on the wedding and thanks for the link in your card. Very interesting project! Looks like you are doing a great job so far.

    I can sympathize with the amount of work involved. My house is a 1956 brick and we have fully updated almost all of it since I bought in 2003. It is now on the market, but I had to do a ton of work to get it to that point.

    I like your idea of a Murphy/Windham/Thompson reunion - it has been far too long. My email is jwindham1335@charter.net - we can talk more about it. Congrats again - Cousin Jeff

    ReplyDelete