Friday, March 4, 2011

My New Pen Pal

Pun intended (and you will understand the title if you read on!).

When Stuart and I first moved into our 2,000+ sq ft home with newly refinished hardwoods in (nearly) every room, we carefully put tiny little pads on the bottoms of all our furniture in hopes that we would not scratch the floors. After coughing up a lot of beans (this sounds gross, I realize) to have our floors refinished, we were determined to keep them in pristine condition. However, it's just not possible to avoid scratches when all the floors are wood, particularly with an energetic pup. Thus, I starting seeking a solution to our scratches. And low and behold...


This pen has become our (cheap) solution to those scratches. They can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot and come in various stain colors to match your floors--ours are red mahogany.

This morning Smyth jumped off of our bed and made a large scratch--perfect opportunity to show you what my pen can do.

See scratch:

See stain from pen on scratch:

See scratch no more (and see Smyth's paw where she is was admiring her work before I fixed it):


Amazing, right? I highly recommend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment