Friday, January 18, 2013

What I'm Reading & A Linky Party


what i'm reading

I love to read--do you? I loved to read until about high school, and then I kind of fell out of it for a while with all the mandatory reading in high school, college, & graduate school (and believe me, with degrees in history + public administration there was PLENTY of mandatory reading, a lot of which was not enjoyable). All that to say, I've been back on the pleasure reading train ever since I finished up graduate school--and now, the most difficult thing about it is finding my next read. So when I saw that a blog I follow was hosting a "What I'm Reading" link party, I decided to link up. Basically, everyone is linking up with what they are reading right now (or a favorite book they have read in the past)--hopefully there will be lots of good suggestions!

As for me, I'm currently reading Cutting for Stone


Here is the book description from Amazon:

Marion and Shiva Stone are twin brothers born of a secret union between a beautiful Indian nun and a brash British surgeon. Orphaned by their mother’s death and their father’s disappearance, bound together by a preternatural connection and a shared fascination with medicine, the twins come of age as Ethiopia hovers on the brink of revolution.

Moving from Addis Ababa to New York City and back again, Cutting for Stone is an unforgettable story of love and betrayal, medicine and ordinary miracles--and two brothers whose fates are forever intertwined.

I must admit, it's been kind of slow getting into the first 100 pages or so but I think it's about to pick up--at least that is what the friend who recommended it told me!

What are you reading right now? Join or visit the link party at Jones Design Company to see what others are reading!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite books. My husband was reading in the jury room waiting to be called for jury duty. He called me to say he was embarrassed because he was sitting there crying in front of so many people but he couldn't put the book down.

    ReplyDelete